Motobatt Limited Warranty
This limited warranty is available to the original purchaser, and is only covered for use in the vehicles which the product was designed to be used. Motobatt does not provide warranty to any other person who may purchase the battery during the warranty period.
Motobatt Limited warranty only covers the actual product. Limited warranty is implied and only available or good for claim during, and not after the period set forth in the adjoining list. Motobatt USA Inc. disclaims all other warranties express or Implied including and not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
What does Motobatt’s warranty cover?
- Batteries that are eligible for cover by this Limited Warranty are warranted from the date of sale for the stated period of (“Years Free”) and returned to the place of purchase.
- If the battery fails within the free replacement period, due to defects in materials and, or construction we will replace it with the same model battery free of charge.
- If the same model battery is not available, it will be replaced battery of the same type and quality and which is suitable for intended application.
- The replacement battery will not assume an additional (“Years Free”). The free replacement warranty will run contingent to the original battery’s purchase date, and does not extend the warranty period in any way.
What doesn’t Motobatt’s warranty cover?
The warranty does not apply to batteries that are found:
- Serviceable and can hold charge and Voltage to specification for intended service.
- Have been overcharged or charged incorrectly by an unsuitable charger or incorrect technique.
- Over 3 years old from manufacture date.
- Spray painted, have non genuine terminals fitted, been dropped, been unsecured in the machine been opened or tampered with including removal of the battery lid.
- With a date code which has been removed or tampered with.
- Damaged from neglect or abuse, or been deeply discharged by a machine that has constant voltage draw without a maintenance charger fitted.
- Exposed to fire, flood, freezing, vehicle wreckage, or explosion.
- Unserviceable as a result of a faulty electrical system or other components that have damaged the battery.
- Of an electrical size or capacity smaller than the one specified by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Used in applications for which they were not designed or that were not installed incorrectly.
- Outside the United States or Canada.
- Labour for battery refit, or other damage or repairs caused by the battery. Service calls, mechanics charges, loss of use of the vehicle, lost wages, tow charges, inconvenience, or lost profits are not covered by this warranty.
- This warranty specifically excludes all consequential and incidental damages. In some states the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damage is not allowable, so the stated limitation or exclusion may not apply depending which state you reside. This warranty gives you certain specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Unless otherwise precluded by law, this limited warranty shall not require any more than the replacement of the subject battery or item free.
Preparing a Warranty Claim
- You must return your battery to the place of purchase for testing and assessment . Individual sellers are solely responsible for testing and processing warranty inquiries under their stated terms of sale.
- Warranty period may vary from seller to seller, geographical region, or another country. Only claims from within USA can be processed on this site as per the terms of warranty period stated herein.
- All other inquiries need to be made with the original seller or Distributor in your region.
- Warranty for Products sold directly from www.motobatt.us, by Motobatt USA Inc can be made here at www.motobatt.us. Click on the warranty policy tab and be guided through the application process. Generally, any Motobatt Powersport battery will fit inside a small or medium flat rate USPS box to return the battery to your seller for testing
- You must have your original purchase invoice from the seller or a legible copy and produce it along with the battery to the place of purchase when applying for testing or a replacement battery under this warranty.
- If applying via the www.motobatt.us website you must upload an image of the battery on test showing the voltage and test results in addition to your purchase receipt. You must fill out ALL the fields in the online form, and upload these files to the website to trigger the warranty application process. When the fields are filled in and you have selected submit, you may be emailed an RMA form to return to us with any supporting documentation and the battery or portion thereof. If you do not fill out all the online fields your application will not register.
- We will process warranty as quickly and fairly as possible, the best way to do this is via the online form, since when we receive the application all the details we need to make an immediate decision are available. Incomplete claims with illegible documents will delay this process so please have everything you need ready to avoid disappointment. Allow 5 working days for processing. The receipt and images must be clear and legible.
- A freight charge of $15.00 will apply to all successful claims to enable us to return a replacement battery to your location by trackable courier. Most times this will be via USPS.
- Incomplete or illegible claims or Batteries outside the Warranty period will not be processed.
- Warranty Administration is available on 904-907-1017, from 9.00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (Eastern Time) excluding holidays. The Warranty Administrator may suggest participating facilities to perform any testing. This limited warranty is extended by Motobatt USA, Inc.
Below is a list of parts and the limited warranty period applicable.
|Batteries||Years Free||Chargers and Accessories||Years Free|
|MB7BB||1||Battery and SystemTesters|
|MBT6N6||1||Cables and Alerts|